William S. Gribble
- Juris Doctor (JD) Candidate, 2017 (Expected)
Texas A&M School of Law (Fort Worth, Texas)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) Disaster Management Focus, 2014
American Military University (Charles Town, West Virginia)
- Bachelors of Science (BS) in Emergency Administration and Planning, 2009
University of North Texas (Denton, Texas)
- Operation Disaster Defender: A Multi-Disciplinary Approach to Preserving Access to Justice and Client Property Through Disaster Preparedness
- 19.2 W. Mich. Cooley J. Prac. & Clinical L. (forthcoming May 2018).
- The Preparedness Piñata: Knocking Out the Problems in Texas’ Emergency Management Legal Framework to Enhance Performance at the Local Level
- Pending Publication
- Kicking Thy Neighbor While They’re Down: Effectively Enforcing Mandatory Evacuation Orders
- Pending Publication
- Parker Straus, LLP (Emergency Management & FEMA Law Section), 2016-Present
- Section Intern and Advisor to Managing Partner regarding issues related to Emergency Management
- Reviewed and screened all potential clients with National Flood Insurance Program, FEMA Public Assistance Appeal, and FEMA Individual Assistance Appeal matters.
- Texas A&M School of Law Family Law, Benefits, and Veterans Clinic, 2016
- Represented clients in seven divorce, custody, and probate cases ranging in stages and complexity.
- Represented various clients at multiple hearings in Tarrant County courts.
- United States Navy Judge Advocate Generals Corps, 2015
- Summer Intern Assigned to the Region Legal Service Office Southeast, Fort Worth Branch Office.
- Assisted over 120 clients on consumer, estate, family, immigration, and property law issues.
- Planned and coordinated Operation Discharge Defender, increasing single day recordings of DD214 into the Tarrant County Clerk’s record database by over 2,000%.
- United States Army (Reserve Duty), 2014 to Present
- Battery Commander assigned to manage US Army Basic Training at sites throughout the United States.
- Civil Affairs Captain assigned to oversee tactical operations as a Company Executive Officer and Civil Affairs Team Leader.
- First Choice Training Solutions, 2010 to Present
- General Manager & Chief Instructor providing CPR/AED, First Aid and Safety certification and training to the Central and North Central Texas regions.
- United States Army (Active Duty), 2009 to 2014
- Military Police Captain assigned to both 89th Military Police Brigade and 11th Military Police Battalion (CID) at Fort Hood, Texas. Served extensively in a law enforcement supervisory and planning capacity while assigned at Fort Hood.
- Oversaw the development and publication of the Fort Hood Law Enforcement Training Manual, which included a revised training program for all Military Police personnel on Fort Hood.
- United States Army (Reserve Duty), 2007 to 2009
- Civil Affairs Specialist assigned to A Co, 490th Civil Affairs Battalion, Dallas, Texas to execute the six functional speciality areas of civil-affairs, concentrating on missions associated with dislocated or displaced civilians on the battlefield.
Certifications & Skill Identifiers:
- Certified Law Enforcement Planner
- WestLaw Legal Research Certification
- LexisNexis Legal Research Certification
- Inter-Service Individual Non-Leathal Weapons Instructor & Advisor
- Cario Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & First Aid Instructor Trainer
- United States Army Civil Defense Officer
- International Association of Emergency Managers
- International Association of Law Enforcement Planners
- National Association of Eagle Scouts
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas – Student Division
- University of North Texas Alumni Association
- University of Texas at Arlington Cadet Corps Alumni Association
- Association of the United States Army – Fort Hood Chapter